Monday, November 06, 2006

Borat


one of the most disgusting
pictures i have ever seen






Most of you are probably wondering who this Borat character is, well I'm not really sure myself. But, here is what I can tell you. He is a made up character that leads his viewers to believe that he is leaving his hometowwn to make a documentary about America. When he arrives in America he dicovers that there is television, and that television provides this show called Bay Watch. It doesn't stop there, he he falls in love with a particular character in show called CJ, otherwise known as Pamel Anderson. He is determined to venture across America to California where he hopes to meet his one true love. This is great anf all, but why would anyone with any intelligence spend their hard earned money on such stupidity. It makes me wonder who the target audience if for this movie. Could it be the youth of our nation? Or maybe it is the unemplyed internet nerds that have nothing better to do than watch some idiot try to find Pamela Anderson.
Looking on the other hand, this Borat guy does some pretty outrageous stuff that causes others to cringe when they see his actions. Most of the critics are saying this movie is the funniest movie of the year, but what does it have to compete with? Jackass? I think not. Similarly, some critics say that is a lot like the humor of Jackass, however it is a mockery of all documentaries. "I highly recommend 'Borat' to anyone like myself with zero emotional I.Q., those with a thick skin for when former friends decide you're a moron by association, and the wise people who believe in their souls that "Jackass" was shafted for the 2002 Oscar," said critic Micheal Booth. So, in the end of this blog I guess I have answered my own question. The target audience for this movie is none other than the audience for Jackass. I would say that the common audience member would be a male, anywhere from 13-19 years of age.

2 comments:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Ironically, Pamela Anderson is Canadian.

Dina Baslan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.