Friday, November 24, 2006

The O.C.









What will they come up with next? I was a huge fan of the show when the first season came out, juts like all the other teenage girls were. But after the second season, the storyline got really old. It was always the same thing, Marissa would get caught up in some bad situation, and Ryan would have to come rescue her every single time. Since Ryan's character was some bad-ass wannabe, of course he could only solve Marissa's situations by kicking someone's "butt". Not to mention that Marissa was so stupid! She had the dumbest character on the show, and that's pretty hard to beat when her co-star was Summer, the bubble-headed brunette. The reason I use past tense for Marissa's co-star is because Marissa died. She was killed in a tragic "accident". This, I believe, is the reason for the show's utter failure. With Marissa being the star of the show, alsmost every show had been based around her, this move by the writers set the show up to fail. Then again, I can't blame the writer's because it was probably Mischa Barton's choe to leave the show. Coming to my conclusion, I know the show is doing really bad when my little sister read in Cosmo Girl that there is a new fragance, it's called the OC fragrance. Wow, now you can smell like the people on the show! I predict that the show won't last for another season, actually it might not even last in its current one.

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

This is interesting, because you are the target audience for that show, so if you are losing interest in it, you're probably not the only one.