Monday, December 04, 2006

Since When Did I Get Rolling Stone?

Today, I was taking in the mail, and noticed something extraordinary. Well, maybe its not that extraordinary, but I noticed that we get Rolling Stone at my house. On the cover of the December issue is Snoop Dogg. For all the people who know about Snoop, they can probably guess what he is holding. It is a blunt that is shaped like a candy cane. I think it is weird that Snoop is on the cover holding a blunt, but yet the article inside the magazine talks about how he is the head coach of a child's football team. Not only is he on te cover with the candy cane shaped blunt, but the article begins with Snoop in his porsche rolling a blunt with his hands while driving with his knees. Does he send the message to young children that it is ok to do drugs? It seems like it to me. The article says that he is really involved with the boys. He truely cares about each individual child and the boys feel the same way. In fact, Snoop cares about the boys so much he is willing to put his career on hold. I'm quoting Rolling Stone here: "Snoop says,'I don't wanna do no records, I don't wanna do no movies, I don't wanna do shit but football. Until I win the Super Bowl the buck stops here.'" Hmmm, it seems like he really cares about the kids when he says that he is going to win the Super Bowl, not the kids. Snoop probably paid the magazine to put this article in there for him.

4 comments: